USS CONSTITUTION PEN - STAINLESS STEEL ROLLERBALL
- Stainless Steel Rollerball designed with a postable cap
- Created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed and made available to the public following the 1927 rebuilding and the 1974 restoration that was being done in preparation for America's Bi-Centennial
- Witness Wood® featured in a collector's quality heirloom rollerball pen
- Features solid sterling silver Witness Wood® Jewel cap
- Engraved US Constitution "Old Ironsides"
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel
The USS Constitution - Stainless Steel Rollerball is created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed and made available to the public following the 1927 rebuilding and the 1974 restoration that was being done in preparation for America's Bicentennial.
The USS Constitution is arguably the most famous ship in US Naval History. Launched in 1797 she was one of the country's "six original frigates".
The "Constitution" gained immortality during the War of 1812 when she battled and captured His Majesty's Ship Guerriere. It was this defining battle that not only helped legitimize the United States as a Naval Power but also earned the Constitution the nickname "Old Ironsides" as time and again the HMS Guerriere's cannonballs bounced off her thick oak hull.
In June 1927 "Old Ironsides" entered dry dock in the Charlestown Navy Yard for the second time. In 1833 she was the first-ever vessel to enter Dry Dock #1, returning in 1927 to begin a 4-year $1 million restoration. In 2015 the USS Constitution is due back into this same dock for her next significant below waterline restoration.
All pens are handcrafted by or under the supervision of our Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients.
All History Salvaged products arrive in Eco-Friendly packaging.