Our J.P. Morgan pens are created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged which was removed from J.P. Morgan’s Manhattan Carriage House following the sale of the property by the Morgan Family in 1995.
The rare free-standing Brownstone served as the Carriage House for the 45 bedroom, 12 bath J.P. Morgan family home, considered one of the most impressive residences in America in its day. The residence is now The Morgan Library and Museum.
Built-in 1907, the 5 story Carriage House stored and serviced the Morgan Family automobiles. Following the sale, the new owner reconstructed the service “pit” and hoist and turned it into an indoor pool. The Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged is original construction wood removed during the renovations and was acquired from the contractor.