Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain HS Klassic Rollerball
- HS Klassic Fountain Pen features Black Titanium Hardware designed to highlight the craftsmanship utilized to properly present and feature the unique Joshua Chamberlain House Witness Wood® used to create this pen.
- Created from original 19th-century construction Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed from the Chamberlain home during repairs in 2020.
- The Joshua Chamberlain House Witness Wood® is the focal point in this handcrafted heirloom-quality rollerball.
- Engraved: Joshua L. Chamberlain
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel
History Salvaged has acquired a small piece of Witness Wood® from the home of one of the legendary Union Officers in the Civil War, Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain. Best known for his gallantry at Gettysburg, Chamberlain was a college professor who volunteered to join the Union Army, becoming a highly respected and decorated Union Officer, reaching the rank of Brigadier General and being awarded the Medal of Honor. Besides fighting and Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Petersburg and more, Chamberlain was given the honor of commanding the Union troops at the surrender ceremony at Appomattox.
After the war, he served four as the Governor of Maine from 1867 to 1871, served as its president of Bowdoin College until 1883 (where his home still stands), practiced law in NYC and died in 1914 at age 85 due to complications from the wound that he received at Petersburg.
Purchased in 1856, his home stands across the street from his alma mater & once housed another Bowdoin professor, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
Inherited by his daughter the house fell into disrepair & in 1983 was acquired by the local historical society, turned into a museum & has undergone restoration and continual restoration.
The Witness Wood® acquired was removed during carpentry repair in 2020.