FORD'S THEATRE ROLLERBALL PEN
- Hand Carved Collector Quality Rhodium with 24K Gold Plate Accents and a Swarovski Crystal clip with Postable Cap
- Constructed from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed during the 1960's restoration of the building where our 16th President, Abraham Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865
- Featured in an heirloom collectors quality pen
- Rhodium and 24K Gold Plate finish that includes a Swarovski crystal clip and Witness Wood® jewel cap
- Engraved Ford's Theatre - Washington, DC
- Made in the USA
The FORD's THEATRE Pen is part of a limited series created from 1833 original construction Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed during the 1960's restoration of the building where our 16th President, Abraham Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865.
After being closed and taken over by Congress following the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, the building was converted into an office building, given to the Department of the Interior in 1931 and transferred to the National Park Service in 1933 where it remains today. From 1960-1968 the gutting and historic restoration converted the building back to its 1865 Ford's Theatre heyday and it was officially reopened in 1968 after remaining closed for 100 years.
In 1861 theatre manager John T. Ford leased out the abandoned First Baptist Church on Tenth Street to create Ford's Theatre and over the next few years, the venue became a popular stage for theatrical and musical productions. On April 14, 1865, Abraham Lincoln visited Ford's for his twelfth time to see a performance of Our American Cousin. At this performance, John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln; he died the next morning in the Petersen House, a boarding house located across the street.
All pens are handcrafted by or under the supervision of our Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually hand made and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product come with a Certificate of Authenticity and is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients.
All History Salvaged products arrive in Eco-Friendly packaging.