Lambeau Field Bleacher Seat - Custom Handcrafted Pen
- Classic Rollerball Stadium Seat Witness Wood® capped pen.
Limited Individually Custom Made pen, made to order from one of the thick bleacher boards that served as seating for Green Bay fans in Lambeau Field (New City Stadium) during the "Glory Years" of Packers football, until it was retired and replaced by newer modern bleachers during the 1970 renovation/expansion of Lambeau Field.
History Salvaged has acquired several of the Witness Wood® bleachers removed from Lambeau Field during the 1970 restoration/expansion.
In the 1970's, a barn was renovated into a unique fashion store in Wisconsin and these amazing Lambeau Field bleacher boards were re-purposed to serve as flooring with the seat numbers "proudly displayed" on the ceiling in the lower level of the main building. In 1999, a fire destroyed the main store building, yet many of the historic Witness Wood® Lambeau Field bleacher boards were protected by plywood and carpeting and were saved. These boards were carefully extricated and put into storage for almost a decade and we have been able to acquire a few of the remaining bleacher boards.
- The Authentic Bleacher Witness Wood® in each one of a kind pen is handcrafted and literally a functional piece of art.
- Featuring collector quality Rhodium and Black Titanium hardware and appointments.
- Engraved: Lambeau Field Bleacher Seat Wood
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is an individually handcrafted one of a kind heirloom and therefore will vary in look and feel. Further, we have added a Green Bay green dye to the stabilization process resulting in the bleacher seat wood grain picking up the green hue.
- ADDITIONALLY, since each pen a made to order commissioned work, we will happily custom engrave at no additional charge if so desired. Just list exactly what you want engraved in the NOTES when checking out.
- PLEASE allow 3 weeks for delivery
Lambeau Field is an outdoor athletic stadium in Green Bay, WI, the home field of the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. It opened in 1957 as City Stadium, replacing the original City Stadium at East End High School as the Packers' home field. Informally known as New City Stadium for its first eight seasons, it was renamed in August 1965 in memory of Packers founder, player, and long-time head coach, Curly Lambeau, who had died two months earlier.
The stadium's street address has been 1265 Lombardi Avenue since August 1968, when Highland Avenue was renamed in honor of former head coach Vince Lombardi. It sits on a block bounded by Lombardi Avenue (north); Oneida Street (east); Stadium Drive and Valley View Road (south); and Ridge Road (west). The playing field at the stadium sits at an elevation of 640 feet (195 m) above sea level.
The stadium completed its latest renovation in the summer of 2013 with the addition of 7,000 seats high in the south end zone. About 5,400 of the new seating is general, while the remaining 1,600 seats are club or terrace suite seating. With a capacity of 81,435, Lambeau Field is the 3rd largest stadium in the NFL with standing room, but is second in normal capacity. It is now the largest venue in the state of Wisconsin, edging out Camp Randall Stadium (80,321), located on the campus of the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
Lambeau Field is the oldest continually operating NFL stadium. In 2007, the Packers completed their 51st season at Lambeau, breaking the all-time NFL record set by the Chicago Bears at Wrigley Field (1921–70). (While Soldier Field in Chicago is older, it was not the home of the Bears until 1971.) Only the Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park and the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley have longer active home-field tenures in American professional sports.
Demand for tickets at the new stadium easily outstripped supply, not coincidentally after the arrival of coach Vince Lombardi in 1959. In 1961, four years after it opened, the stadium's capacity was increased to 38,669.
Since then, the Packers have been regularly increasing the seating capacity. The bowl was increased to 42,327 in 1963, to about 50,837 in 1965 with the enclosure of the south end zone and to 56,263 in 1970, when the north end zone was enclosed to form a continuous oval bowl.
Construction of 72 private in 1985 increased the seating capacity to 56,926 and a 1990 addition of 36 additional boxes and 1,920 theatre-style club seats brought the number to 59,543. In 1995, a $4.7 million project put 90 more private boxes in the previously open north end zone, again giving the stadium the feel of a complete bowl and increasing capacity to 60,890.
These have been followed by the 2001-2003 renovation, 2012-2013 expansion and the 2013-15 Atrium expansion.
All pens are handcrafted by or under the supervision of our Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually hand made and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients.
All History Salvaged products arrive in Eco-Friendly packaging.