LINCOLN LAW OFFICE FOUNTAIN PEN
- HS Signature Fountain Pen features Hand Carved Collector Quality Hardware - Rhodium with Black Titanium Accents
- Solid Silver Witness Wood® Finial
- Created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed from Abraham Lincoln's law office in the Tinsley Building on Sixth and Adams Street in Springfield, Illinois
- Lincoln Law Office Witness Wood® featured in an heirloom-quality fountain pen with a #6 JoWo nib (Bock or 18K gold nib available upon request with upcharge)
- Engraved Lincoln Law Office - Springfield, IL (Please Note: Abraham Lincoln's facsimile signature can be engraved upon request as part of our Signature Series)
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel
The Lincoln Law Office Fountain Pen is a Limited Edition pen created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed from Abraham Lincoln's law office in the Tinsley Building on Sixth and Adams Street in Springfield, Illinois.
In 1983, the City of Springfield and the Illinois Historical Society began renovation of the second and third floors of the Tinsley Building where Abraham Lincoln's law practice was located. The Illinois Historical Society reclaimed the oak lathing and wall support beams that were replaced during the renovation, selling these wood remains as a fundraiser to support the Historical Society. Prior to making "Abraham Lincoln's Law Office Wood Relic(s)" available to general public, the Historical Society members and supporters were given the opportunity to acquire larger pieces of this historic Witness Wood®, the wood used to create History SalvagedLincoln Law Office Pens are made from Witness Wood® acquired by one of the Historical Society's Supporters in 1983.
The Lincoln-Herndon Law Offices are within the only remaining building in which Abraham Lincoln maintained a law office. Lincoln practiced law in the building from 1843 to about 1852. During his 1847-1849 tenure as a United States Congressman, partner William H. Herndon (1818-1891) maintained the practice. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places as a part of the Central Springfield Historic District.