Grant Cottage - Ulysses S. Grant - Chrome Classic Click Ballpoint
- Handcrafted ballpoint featuring the only Authentic Witness Wood® ever removed from a property associated with our 18th President - Ulysses S. Grant. The Grant Cottage Witness Wood® used in the Ulysses S. Grant click ballpoint is handcrafted and paired with Chrome hardware.
- HS Nouveau Twist Ballpoint, Rhodium and 22K Gold hardware.
- History Salvaged is honored to be able to work with original construction Witness Wood® from the last home of General Grant and his family. The Grant Cottage is where General Grant wrote his acclaimed memoir and passed away just days after its completion on July 23, 1885.
- Engraved: Ulysses S. Grant
- Made in the USA
Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel
- Grain and species vary in each pen
Final Home of 18th President – Ulysses S. Grant
National Historic Landmark - Grant Cottage
History Salvaged, LLC and The Friends of the Ulysses S. Grant Cottage have partnered to create a comprehensive line of handcrafted heirloom gifts and collectibles made from original Witness Wood®, literally history you can hold, sourced from maintenance, repair, and/or restoration of the U.S. Grant Cottage Historic Site, Mt. McGregor, NY, the final home of Ulysses S. Grant in 1885.
The History Salvaged and Grant Cottage partnership - the last home of the Commanding General of the U.S. Army & 18th President, Ulysses S. Grant – was formed to create an exclusive collection of Grant Cottage heirlooms from Witness Wood® and other original materials removed during maintenance, repair and preservation of Grant Cottage.
The Grant Cottage pens are functional pieces of history and art that along with our other heirlooms should be “Used, Collected and Gifted” as each along with the story they contain helps “Keep History Alive®”.
Built in 1872 as a hotel, the cottage was moved in 1882 to make way for the new 200 guests, state of the art, Hotel Balmoral that featured electricity. In 1885 the Grant Family’s stay at the Cottage was enhanced by amenities provided by Hotel Balmoral
While at the Cottage, Grant wrote his memoir, welcomed guests including Mark Twain (his friend and publisher) and died on July 23, 1885, just days after completing one of the world’s most critically acclaimed memoirs and thus securing his family’s financial security.
Opened as a Historic Site in 1890 the Cottage remained, though a fire destroyed the Balmoral in 1897, and has survived multiple manifestations of the surrounding property that has included a sanatorium, NY State Prison, and more.
In 1989 The Friends of the Ulysses S. Grant Cottage was formed to operate and maintain the last residence of this beloved American figure.
All pens are handcrafted by Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel both in grain and shape.
Each History Salvaged pen is custom handcrafted to order with a typical delivery time of approximately 4 weeks.
Each pen in the numbered Limited Edition arrives in a presentation box and includes a Certificate of Authenticity with custom tamper proof corresponding hologram, history, and provenance