Yankee Stadium 1923 Stadium Seat - Custom Handcrafted Black Titanium
- Classic Twist Ballpoint Stadium Seat Witness Wood® pen.
- Limited Individually Custom Made pen, made to order from 1923 installed seat slat from an original Yankee Stadium seat. We have purchased a few wooden slats from seats removed from the Original Yankee Stadium during the mid-1970's restoration. Made from an authentic piece of Witness Wood® seat that was installed during the "Old" Yankee Stadium's original construction.
- Authentic Stadium Seat Witness Wood® featured in each one of a kind pen is handcrafted and literally a functional piece of art.
- Featuring Black Titanium hardware and appointments.
- Engraved: 1923 Yankee Stadium Seat Wood
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is an individually handcrafted one of a kind heirloom and therefore will vary in look and feel.
- ADDITIONALLY, since each pen a made to order commissioned work, we will happily custom engrave at no additional charge if so desired. Just list exactly what you want to be engraved in the NOTES when checking out.
- PLEASE allow 4-6 weeks for delivery
Yankee Stadium was a stadium located in the Bronx, a borough of New York City. It was the home of the New York Yankees, one of the city's Major League Baseball (MLB) franchises, from 1923 to 1973 and from 1976 to 2008. The stadium hosted 6,581 Yankees regular-season home games during its 85-year history. It was also the former home of the New York Giants football team from 1956 through the first part of the 1973-74 football season. The stadium's nickname, "The House That Ruth Built", is derived from Babe Ruth, the legendary baseball superstar whose prime years coincided with the stadium's opening and the beginning of the Yankees' winning history. It has also been known as "The Big Ballpark in The Bronx", "The Stadium", and "The Cathedral of Baseball".
The stadium was built from 1922 to 1923 for $2.4 million ($32 million in 2014 dollars). The stadium's construction was paid for entirely by Yankees owner Jacob Ruppert, who was eager to have his own stadium after sharing the Polo Grounds with the New York Giants baseball team the previous 10 years. Yankee Stadium opened for the 1923 MLB season and at the time, it was hailed as a one-of-a-kind facility in the country for its size. Over the course of its history, it became one of the most famous venues in the United States, having hosted a variety of events and historic moments during its existence. While many of these moments were baseball-related—including World Series games, no-hitters, perfect games, and historic home runs - the stadium also hosted boxing matches, concerts, Jehovah's Witnesses conventions (see record attendance) and three Papal Masses. The stadium went through many alterations and playing surface configurations over the years. The condition of the facility worsened in the 1960s and 1970s, prompting its closing for renovation from 1974 to 1975. The renovation significantly altered the appearance of the venue and reduced the distance of the outfield fences.
In 2006, the Yankees began building a new $2.3 billion stadium in the public parkland adjacent to the stadium. The price included $1.2 billion in public subsidies. The design includes a replica of the frieze along the roof that was in Yankee Stadium. Monument Park, a Hall of Fame for prominent former Yankees, was relocated to the new stadium. Yankee Stadium closed following the 2008 baseball season and the new stadium opened in 2009, adopting the "Yankee Stadium" moniker. Yankee Stadium was demolished in 2010, two years after it closed. The 8-acre site was converted into a park called Heritage Field. The congested neighborhood was left without parkland for five years. The new stadium is located on 25 acres of what had been known as Macombs Dam Park.
All pens are handcrafted by or under the supervision of our Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America to order, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients. Certificate of Authenticity and Custom Tamperproof Hologram
All History Salvaged products arrive in Eco-Friendly packaging.