- Handcrafted Nouveau styled Twist Ballpoint with collector quality Rhodium hardware featuring 24K Gold Plated hand carved accents.
- Produced from an original, vintage piece of Witness Wood® from the Abraham Lincoln Farm in Hodgenville, Kentucky.
Witness Wood® featured in an heirloom collector quality writing instrument.
- Engraved: Lincoln Birthplace
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel.
- As all of History Salvaged pens are custom made to order, please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
- Made in the USA
The Abraham Lincoln Birthplace Pens are a collection of custom designed and handcrafted premium pens. History Salvaged has acquired original, vintage pieces of Witness Wood® from the Abraham Lincoln Farm in Hodgenville, Kentucky. The Ladies Lincoln League and the Lincoln Farm Association sold these rare wood pieces in the 1920's to raise money for the funding of a library to compliment the proposed monument and memorial building on the site. The original pieces of Witness Wood® used in this pen are from the farm where Abraham Lincoln was born in 1809. This is an incredible and rare piece of Lincoln history as most of the pieces from the period have been lost to time. History Salvaged has only seen a few other piece available at auction since 2007.
The Ladies Lincoln League would eventually turn the site over to the control of the Nation Park Service but prior to that, the site became a national landmark and the Ladies Lincoln League was responsible for raising money for capital projects and preservation of the site.
This is indeed a rare heirloom of our American past, the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace site is today part of the National Parks system, thus no wood artifact or any other artifact can be removed legally from the property.