Mark Twain HS Klassic Fountain Pen
- HS Klassic Fountain Pen features Rhodium Hardware designed to highlight the craftsmanship utilized to properly present and feature the rare Mark Twain Witness Wood® used to create this pen.
- Created from original 1874 construction Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged that was removed from Mark Twain's Hartford, CT home.
- The Mark Twain Witness Wood® is the focal point in this handcrafted heirloom-quality fountain pen.
- Standard construction of the HS Klassic features a #6 medium Peter Bock German crafted nib (other Bock or 18K gold nib available upon request with upcharge)
- Engraved: Mark Twain
- VERY LIMITED
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel
History Salvaged acquired a small piece of original 1874 construction Witness Wood® of Samuel & Olivia Clemens Hartford, CT home, removed from either the butler’s pantry or the kitchen (the Witness Wood® was acquired from one of the carpenters who worked on the kitchen/butler pantry reconstruction) during the 2004 restoration. The kitchen is located in the servant’s wing of the home and in 2003-2004 restoration on that wing as well as the billiards room was begun and completed.
Clemens biographer Justin Kaplan has called the house where Clemens wrote many of his best-known works while living there, including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Prince and the Pauper, Life on the Mississippi River, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, A Tramp Abroad and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court, "part steamboat, part medieval fortress and part cuckoo clock."
Due to financial problems, Twain sold the house in 1891. Katharine Seymour Day was a grand-niece of Harriet Beecher Stowe who knew the Clemens family, saved the Twain House from destruction in 1929. She founded the Friends of Hartford & raised $100,000 to secure a mortgage on the home through a two-year capital campaign. Subsequently, restorations have been ongoing since 1954 with the National Park Service currently controlling the property and current maintenance.