Thomas Jefferson Nouveau Twist Ballpoint
- Handcrafted Nouveau styled Twist Ballpoint with collector quality Rhodium hardware featuring 24K Gold Plated hand-carved accents.
- Created from the last known tree planted by Thomas Jefferson, at his beloved Monticello. The Tulip Poplar was felled in 2008 and is documented by the Thomas Jefferson Foundation as the last tree planted on the estate by Jefferson.
- This Witness Wood® was removed during the felling Tulip Poplar in 2008.
- Engraved: Thomas Jefferson - Monticello
- Made in the USA.
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel.
- As all of History Salvaged pens are custom made to order, please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery
Details and Provenance
Thomas Jefferson - author of the Declaration of Independence and the Statute of Virginia for Religious Freedom, third President of the United States, and founder of the University of Virginia - voiced the aspirations of a new America as no other individual of his era. As a public official, historian, philosopher, and plantation owner, he served his country for over five decades.
In 1769, Jefferson began building his house on the plantation that he inherited from his father, Peter Jefferson and although still incomplete in the 1780s, but even so impressed European visitors with the sophistication of its design. By 1809, Jefferson finished the rebuilding of Monticello begun in 1796. He transformed the original eight-room Palladian villa, with its tall two-story portico, into a 21-room house designed in the fashionable Neoclassical style he saw in France.
Jefferson, an avid horticulturist, also created the gardens at Monticello, which were a botanic showpiece, a source of food, and an experimental laboratory of ornamental and useful plants from around the world. He experimented with plant species brought over from Europe and was particularly interested in developing vineyards.
All pens are handcrafted by History Salvaged Master Makers and are made in America.
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel both in grain and shape.
Each History Salvaged pen is custom handcrafted to order with a typical delivery time of approximately 3-4 weeks.
Each pen is discreetly engraved with a Witness Wood® control number and arrives in a cherry presentation box and includes a Certificate of Authenticity with custom tamper proof corresponding hologram, history, and provenance