USS Missouri / K1 Fountain Pen
- Custom Designed and Hand Crafted Fountain Pen
- Featuring of Teak Deck removed and replaced during restoration and preservation efforts of Surrender Ship - Battleship Missouri that witnessed the Japanese surrender during World War II
- Featuring HS special polymeric resin seamlessly paired with USS Missouri Witness Wood®
- Length Capped: 6.5 inches
- Length Body: 5.75 inches
- Nib: #6F JoWo
- Clip: Nickel Plated
- Cartridge: Standard International (converter included)
- Engraved USS Missouri - "Big Mo"
- Made in the USA
The USS Missouri / K1 Fountain Pen is created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged in the form of several pieces of Teak Deck that was removed and replaced during restoration and preservation efforts of this famous Battleship and now stands as a floating Museum next to the USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor.
On September 2, 1945, in Tokyo Bay aboard the USS Missouri, representatives of the Allied and Axis powers met in a solemn ceremony to “conclude an agreement by which peace can be restored”. Following General Douglas MacArthur’s introductory speech, representatives of the Empire of Japan were directed to step forward and sign the two copies of the Instrument of Surrender. General MacArthur then signed on behalf of all the Allied powers followed by representatives of Allied nations in attendance. General MacArthur concluded the ceremony by saying: “Let us pray that peace is now restored to the world and that God will preserve it always. These proceedings are closed!” With those words, World War II was over.
For those of our Greatest Generation, the significance of that moment coming after years of devastation and death could never be diminished or forgotten. It remains for us now to know and understand, to appreciate their service and sacrifice, and to always remember.
All pens are handcrafted by Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually hand made and each varies in look and feel both in grain and shape.