USS Constellation Rollerball
- HS Signature II rollerball with components made of the highest quality materials.
- Hand-cast insets on the cap and post give this pen distinctive beauty.
Created from Witness Wood® acquired from and certified by the U.S. Naval Historical Display Center is featured in this collector's quality heirloom pen.
- Collector Quality Rhodium and Black Titanium hardware.
Witness Wood® silver jewel cap.
- Engraved: USS Constellation
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is individually handcrafted, stabilized, and/or cast and therefore may vary in look and feel. NOTE: Grain and Color vary greatly in these pieces of 200+-year-old Witness Wood® do to species, wear, rot, wormholes, etc.
This USS CONSTELLATION Pen is a one of a kind heirloom pen created from Witness Wood® acquired from and certified by the U.S. Naval Historical Display Center by History Salvaged, removed when the “original” USS Constellation, after being laid up in Norfolk, VA from 1845-1853, was “broken up” before the building and launch of the second USS Constellation in 1854.
USS Constellation was a 38-gun frigate, one of the “Six Original Frigates” authorized for construction by the Naval Act of 1794. She was distinguished as the first U.S. Navy vessel to put to sea and the first U.S. Navy vessel to engage and defeat an enemy vessel. Constructed in 1797, she was decommissioned in 1853. Constellation was built in Baltimore and launched on 7 September 1797.
On February 9, 1799, she fought and captured the French frigate Insurgente. This was the first major victory by an American-designed and built warship. In February 1800, Constellation fought the French frigate Vengeance. Although Vengeance was not captured or sunk, she was so badly damaged that her captain intentionally grounded the ship to prevent her from sinking. Constellation was struck in 1853 and broken up. Some timbers were reused in the building of a new Constellation.
All pens are handcrafted by or under the supervision of our Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients.
All History Salvaged products arrive in Eco-Friendly packaging.