- Handcrafted Executive Style Twist Ballpoint, featuring 24K gold plated hardware.
- Featuring Italian Olive Wood from the gardens of the Basilica of Saint Francis
- Engraved - Basilica of St. Francis - Assisi, Italy.
- Made in the USA.
Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel
- As all of History Salvaged pens are handcrafted and custom made to order, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
- Every pen comes in a presentation box, is individually engraved with a discreet control number that matches the accompanying Certificate of Authenticity and the custom Witness Wood® security hologram that matches the control number.
Basilica of St. Francis
History Salvaged has acquired several small branches of Italian Olive Tree from the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi, Italy, that were trimmed during recent maintenance of the grounds.
According to the UNESCO World Heritage Committee, Assisi constitutes a singular model of continuous history that is intertwined with this city sanctuary's cultural and territorial identity. In particular, the Basilica of St. Francis brings together a number of masterpieces of creative human genius and is an extraordinary example of the type of architectonic complexity that has significantly influenced the development of art and architecture.
We are honored to have had the opportunity to work with Basilica of St. Francis and to create a few special heirlooms for the faithful and collectors alike.
Architects, bricklayers, and stonemasons have helped to shape Assisi’s incomparable landscape, yet the historical figure that has long defined its destiny and the locality itself has been, without a doubt, St. Francis, the Saint who talked with the animals. To him is dedicated Assisi’s most important monument, the Basilica of St. Francis, which is comprised of two churches and a crypt, rediscovered in 1818. It is the resting spot of the Saint’s tomb, located inside a simple sarcophagus that rests on top of bare rock.
All pens are handcrafted by Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually handmade and each varies in look and feel both in grain and shape.
Each History Salvaged pen is custom handcrafted to order with a typical delivery time of approximately 4-6 weeks.
Each pen in the numbered Limited Edition arrives in a presentation box and includes a Certificate of Authenticity with custom tamper proof corresponding hologram, history, and provenance