1986 NBA Championship "The Summit" - Custom Handcrafted Ballpoint
- Twist Ballpoint 1986 Celtics/Rockets Championship Game used Court Wood® pen.
- Limited availability, individually Custom Made pen, made to order from 1986 NBA Championship Game Court (games 3,4 & 5) featuring the Boston Celtics vs. Houston Rockets.
- Authentic Game Used Court Witness Wood® featured in each one of a kind pen is handcrafted and literally a functional piece of art.
- Featuring 24K Gold plate hardware and appointments.
- Engraved: 1986 NBA Championship - Court Wood
- Made in the USA
- Each pen is an individually handcrafted one of a kind heirloom and therefore will vary in look and feel.
- PLEASE NOTE: The photo herewith is NOT the actual court wood but represents the PEN style and hardware only!
- ADDITIONALLY, since each pen a made to order commissioned work, we will happily custom engrave at no additional charge if so desired. Just list exactly what you want engraved in the NOTES when checking out.
- PLEASE allow 3 weeks for delivery
The 1986 NBA Finals was the championship round of the 1985–86 NBA season. It pitted the Eastern Conference champion Boston Celtics against the Western Conference champion Houston Rockets. The Celtics defeated the Rockets four games to two to win their 16th NBA championship. The championship would be the Celtics' last until the 2008 NBA Finals. Larry Bird was named the Finals MVP.
On another note, this series marked the first time the "NBA Finals" branding was officially used, as they dropped the "NBA World Championship Series" branding which had been in use since the beginning of the league, though it had been unofficially called the "NBA Finals" for years.
Until the 2011 series, this was the last time the NBA Finals had started before June. Since game three, all NBA Finals games have been played in June. Starting with the following year, the NBA Finals would be held exclusively in the month of June. It was also the last NBA Finals series to schedule a game on a Monday until 1999 and also the last NBA Finals game to be played on Memorial Day.
CBS Sports used Dick Stockton and Tom Heinsohn as the play-by-play man and color commentator respectively. Meanwhile, Brent Musburger was the host and Pat O'Brien (the Rockets' sideline) and Lesley Visser (the Celtics' sideline) were the sideline reporters.
All pens are handcrafted by or under the supervision of our Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually hand made and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients.
All History alvaged products arrive in Eco-Friendly packaging.