- Handcrafted Nouveau styled Twist Ballpoint with collector quality Rhodium hardware featuring 24K Gold Plated hand-carved accents.
- Produced from an original, vintage piece of Witness Wood® from the Sam Houston Pecan in Huntsville, Tx.
Witness Wood® featured in a heirloom collector quality writing instrument.
- Engraved: Sam Houston Pecan
- Each pen is individually handcrafted and therefore may vary in look and feel.
- As all of History Salvaged pens are custom made to order, please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
- Made in the USA
The Sam Houston Pecan Pen is created from Witness Wood® acquired by History Salvaged, at auction, of a legendary tree in Texas lore from the house in Huntsville, TX that Sam Houston loved best and resided at for 20 years.
In the south corner of the spacious yard, only the stump remains of this native pecan, which grew into a beautiful tree of immense proportions. This magnificent tree died in 1974. According to Houston's granddaughter, Mrs. Jennie Morrow Decker of Houston, her grandfather planted the tree in 1847. While returning from a trip, he had need of a buggy whip to spur his lazy horse. Having none, he stopped beside the road and pulled up a small pecan sapling, which served his purpose well. Arriving at his home, he saw that the roots were still intact, so he planted the sapling in the yard and it grew.
The Sam Houston Pecan produced a fruit, which was small but quite delicious. For many years, its pecans were distributed to Texas schools and colleges by Sam Houston State University at Huntsville. A number of the nuts also were sent to other state capitols and to the U.S. Capitol in Washington.
All pens are handcrafted by or under the supervision of our Master Pen Craftsman and are made in America.
Each is individually hand made and each varies in look and feel.
All History Salvaged product is guaranteed authentic and made utilizing the wood describe and in conjunction with our partner clients.
All History Salvaged products arrive in Eco-Friendly packaging.